While most other manufacturers make 25A, 30A or 35A ESC’s, Flycolor newly released a 32bit 50A ESC, the X-Cross BL-32, to meet the requirements of some pilots for a high continuous current. It is so far one the high current ESC’s in FPV community following the Wraith32 Plus 50A and Wraith32 Metal 60A. With the continuous current of 45A, the pilots no need to worry that the ESCs will get burnt in flight and enjoy high speed experience.
The PCB size of X-Cross BL-32 50A is 33x16x6mm. It weighs only 10 grams. The same to other BLHeli_32 ESC’s, the X-Cross BL-32 adopts ARM 32-bit Cortex MCU and it’s supported by BLHeli_32 firmware. A big feature of X-Cross BL-32 is that the ESC is covered by metal all around.The contact surface is enlarged and soldering point become more solid and stable.
X-Cross BL-32 50A can support higher KV motors and more powerful loads. It’s suitable for professional FPV drone racing.
MAJOR SELLING POINTS
- ARM 32-bit Cortex MCU with BLHeli_32 firmware，which is faster than BLHeli_S；
- Dshot signal is supported at any rate up to Dshot1200；
- Adopting top quality MOSFET，low resistance，excellent impulse stability；
- Aluminum heat sink effectively slow down the temperature rise.；
- Full contact soldering pad，more stable soldering.
- ARM 32-bit Cortex MCU, frequency up to 48 MHZ.
- BLHeli_32 firmware，which is designed for superior functionality and performance.
- Supports regular 1-2ms pulse width input, as well as Oneshot125 (125-250us), Oneshot42 (41.7-83.3us) and Multshot (5- 25us). The input signal is automatically detected by the ESC upon power up.
- Dshot signal is supported at any rate up to at least Dshot1200.
- Damped light does regenerative braking, causing very fast motor retardation, and inherently also does active freewheeling.
- Supports higher KV motor and more power load, more suitable for violent flight of racing drone .
- The silicone twisted-pair of the throttle signal cable effectively reduces the crosstalk caused by signal transmission, and makes flight more stable.
- Aluminum heat sink effectively slow down the temperature rise.
From the video that provided by Flycolor, we can know that the X-Cross BL-32 works great at a continuous current of 45A under 24V (6S).
From the video, when the battery voltage was 24V (6S), the maximum current was up to 68A. The motor eventually burnt out when the continuous current exceeded 60A for more than 10 seconds. But the X-Cross ESC still worked. It’s obvious that the capability of withstanding current of BL-32 50A is extraordinary. (P.S. When the motor is burnt out, if the circuit is shorted out it can damage the ESC as well. But if the circuit is cut off, it won’t damage the ESC)
Where to Buy?
Team Blacksheep: http://team-blacksheep.com/products/product:1929